Thursday 18 February 2010

Thursday in the studio…

This morning I had to perform one of my least favourite tasks within my role in Sumptuosity – chasing payments; we may hear through the news that the recession is (supposed to be) over, but from where we sit in the small craft business I can confirm that this is not the case; more and more stockists seem to be stretching their payment terms beyond 30 days; thankfully, it’s not often we have to do this and it didn’t take too long then it was back to the more usual ‘stuff’ in the business.

We have an unusual sales opportunity coming up in the middle of March, the Alzheimer’s Society will be selling our products in a craft fair with KPMG Leeds; more ‘hi-res’ images required for the marketing material; my job for tonight; if it goes well, there will be many more sales opportunities with the society.

Six packages to post today, we’re soon going to need a pull-along shopping trolley if we keep posting so many packages together! All the Scottish Trade Fair orders (apart from those wanting delivery in March) are now dispatched.

Sophie has created six Alice in Wonderland images, we’re determined to turn these into cards, here’s my first pass at the card design:


I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment